JD.com and the MSOM society are partnering to offer MSOM members access to JD.com Transaction level data to encourage them to conduct data driven research.
In this competition, researchers will compete by building econometric models or data driven models using real data either to address some of the suggested questions below, or address questions of their own interest.
For more details about the data, please read this paper.
IEOR 153: Logistics Network Design and Supply Chain Management
IEOR 253 / CE 258: Supply Chain Design and Management
- Integrated Supply Chain Design and Management
- Data Driven Logistics and Supply Chain Optimization
- Design and Analysis of Optimization Algorithms
- Energy Systems Optimization
- Transportation System Planning
Professional Activities and Awards
- Associate editor for Operations Research
- Associate editor for Management Science
- Associate editor for MSOM
- Associate editor for Naval Research Logistics
- Associate editor for IIE Transactions
- Associate editor for Journal Omega
- Associate editor for Decision Sciences
- Department editor for Production and Operations Management
- Department editor for Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research
- Editorial Board, International Journal of Inventory Research
- Editorial Advisory Board, Computers & Operations Research
- CAREER Award from NSF (2003)
- The Franz Edelman Finalist Award (2018)
- INFORMS Fellow (2018)
- POMS Fellow (2022)
Integrated Modeling for Location Analysis, co-authored with Ho-Yin Mak, Foundations and Trends in Technology, Information and Operations Management. http://dx.doi.org/10.1561/0200000037
- Gang Chen (2003, Barclays Capital, New York).
- Leon Chu (2005, Associate Professor, Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California).
- Lian Qi (2006, Associate Professor, Department of Supply Chain Management & Marketing Science, Rutgers Business School, Rutgers University).
- Lezhou Zhan (2007, Vice President, Operations Research at CitationAir).
- Ho-Yin Mak (2009, Associate Professor, Said Business School, University of Oxford)
- Tingting Cui (2010, Google Inc.)
- Shan Li (2010, Assistant Professor, School of Business, City University of New York)
- Will Haskell (2011, Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, National University of Singapore)
- Gemma Berenguer (2012, Assistant Professor, Krannert School of Management, Purdue University)
- Vivek Ramamurthy (2012, Data Scientist, EMC Greenplum)
- Ye Xu (2012, Amazon)
- Yong Liang (2013, Assistant Professor, School of Economics and Management, Tsinghua University)
- Yifen Chen (2013, Data scientist at Facebook)
- Tianhu Deng (2013, Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial Engineering, Tsinghua University)
- Mengshi Lv (2014, Assistant Professor, Krannert School of Management, Purdue University)
- Te Ke (2015, Assistant Professor, MIT Sloan School of Management)
- Long He (2015, Assistant Professor, the Business School, National University of Singapore)
- Wei Qi (2016, Assistant Professor, the Desautels Faculty of Management, McGill University)
- Amber Richter (2016, Google)
- Vivian Zhao (2017, Lyft)
- Yanqiao Wang (2018, Lyft)
- Auyon Siddiq (2018, Assistant Professor, Anderson School of Business, UCLA)
- Sheng Liu (2019, accepted an offer to join Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, as an Assistant Professor)
- Ying Cao (2019, Amazon)
- Andy Mao (2019, Facebook)
- Junyu Cao (2020, Assistant Professor, McCombs School of Business, The University of Texas at Austin)
- Meng Qi (2022, Assistant Professor, Operations, technology and information management at Cornell University SC Johnson College of Business)
- Hansheng Jiang
- Mengxin Wang
- Leon Chu (2004-2005, Associate Professor, Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California).
- Ying Rong (2008-2009, Assistant Professor, Antai College of Economics and Management, Shanghai Jiaotong University)
- HyunJung Kim (2013-2014, Assistant Professor, National Seoul University, Korea)
- Jiayi Joey Yu (2019-2020, PhD from Tsinghua University, accepted an offer to Fudan University School of Management, as an Assistant Professor)
- Nooshin Salar (2020-2022, Research Associate at Saïd Business School, University of Oxford)